3,460 works of history, astronomy, geography, politics, economics, and others from ancient China. Compiled 1773-1782, by edict of Emperor Qianlong.
- Requires a PC equipped with Chinese fonts and input capability and proprietary software.
- All the PCs in the Smith College Library have already installed the client program and are ready to use.
- Follow the instructions below to install the proprietary software on your own computer.
- Off-campus access requires connecting through the Smith College proxy server. After installing the software, click on the link below to download a document that ends in 4kdoc - double-click on this doc and it will invoke the proxy server login and then open the software for your use.
- We have a single user license, so please remember to logout when you are done.
After installing software, click on this link: Siku Quanshu 四庫全書
Install the Proprietary Software
- To start the installation, click on http://us.subscriptionv3.skqs.com/skqs/download/ and download setup.exe;
- Double-click setup.exe and follow instructions to install the client program. A short-cut icon to the program will be created on the desktop
- Finally, click on the desktop short-cut to open the client program**, and then click “IP Login” to start using the database.
** Note: A pop-up window will ask you to check font display. If characters are not displayed correctly, please remove the client program first and then reinstall the program.
- Mac Users: Currently the client program is not compatible with Mac system, unless your Mac computer has installed Windows system and met all the above system requirements
- CPU: Pentium III 800 or higher
- RAM: 256 MB or more
- 140 MB or more free hard disk space for the installed client and fonts
- For users of English Windows, you will need to install the East Asian Language Support files (Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. Firefox will garble the program. Please use IE to download software.
- Please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
Please contact Sharon Domier firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about access or usage.