Zotero ("zoh-TAIR-oh") is a free research tool that allows you to:
- Collect & organize citations
- Attach PDFs, notes, and images to your citations
- Cite sources within your paper/thesis
- Share Zotero libraries (folders)
It's easy to use, and best of all, it's free. Zotero works with Chrome, Firefox and Safari, which allows you to work directly from your web browser. Learn more at Zotero.org.
Zotero at Smith
All of Smith's libraries (Young, Josten and Hillyer) have Zotero installed on their machine. Zotero is also installed on all the lab machines. However, you'll need to take a couple of steps before using it:
- Open the Zotero Download Page
- Install the browser extension for Chrome or Safari.
- If necessary, restart your browser.
Create a cloud-based Zotero account to sync / back-up your work. Doing this will allow you to easily use Zotero on any machine on campus and ensure that your entire Zotero collection travels with you.