Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Streaming Platforms Supported by the Libraries
The Libraries subscribe to a number of media streaming platforms. The following are just examples:
Want to find more media resources? Take a look at the streaming video library guide.
- If possible, we provide a link to a streaming version of a video, but this is not always possible.
- If there is a DVD copy that needs to be streamed to support course work, let us know; we are happy to do that! The best way is to submit a reserve request.
- Please understand that we need at least 48 hours notice for streaming DVDs on site at Smith College, 1–2 weeks for items currently available in other Five College libraries (Mt Holyoke, UMASS, Amherst, Hampshire), and at least 2 weeks for items not yet in our collection (items that have been ordered).
- In addition to the course number, please include the date the video is needed by when submitting your request. This helps us prioritize items needed sooner.
- If the video has a title in a foreign language, please provide the original title as well as the English title. This helps us find the right item. For foreign-language videos, let us know if you prefer subtitles in English or the original language.
- Any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media whenever possible will have captions or subtitles.
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Other Streaming Services
Unfortunately, the Libraries are unable to purchase and provide access to commercial streaming services. In order for the library to provide access to a streaming film, we need to be able to purchase an institutional access license for the purposes of making it available to the college community. The licenses available for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video are such that the film is only authorized for use by an individual or family owning an account.