Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Notes on Ebooks
- Some ebooks are only available under a one-user-at-a-time license.
- Whenever possible, we acquire multiple-user or unlimited-user ebooks.
- Keep in mind not all print books are available electronically as ebooks. Some titles that are available as ebooks for personal use (such as Kindle) cannot be purchased under a library license.
- Publisher permissions around how many pages can be printed, emailed or saved vary by book. This information is displayed at the top of the landing page for each book.
- Please see our FAQ page for more information about returning ebooks.
How can you tell whether an ebook is available for unlimited users, multiple users, or only one user at a time? Go to the catalog record for the ebook. If an ebook is available only for a limited number of users at a time, this information will be listed under the Concurrent User Level section.
Loan Periods for Ebooks
Ebooks with limited user licenses have loan periods that depend on the platform.
- EBSCO: the load period is currently 3 hours.
- ProQuest: the user can choose 1 day, 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days to check out an ebook.
- HathiTrust: times out after 1 hour; if you need it for longer, this will be renewed.
I’m Getting This Error—What’s Happening?
Please try again after about an hour. It looks like someone is using the resource at the moment.