RefShare is a module within RefWorks that provides users with a quick and easy way to share their folders, further enhancing collaborative research. Users can share their RefWorks references with both members of their own institution and globally with any researcher having Internet access.
To access in your account, select the Organize & Share Folders tab.
Uses of RefShare
* Post class reading lists on a central Web page
* Provide easy access to information for disparate researchers collaborating on a project
* Create and share databases of frequently-requested reference queries by topic
* Provide a linkable database of research done by specific faculty members
* Publish an internal database of references for easy sharing within your community
Benefits of RefShare
* Facilitate dissemination of information by having a central Web page for the posting and access of research information
* Provide a collaborative research environment using the capabilities of easily accessible data via the Internet
* Enables the seamless sharing and exchange of information
* Allow easy transfer of information between RefWorks databases
* Centrally post frequently-needed databases of materials for research queries, class assignments, or research review
* Provide easy remote access to research and collaboration globally
Who needs RefShare?
* Faculty – post annotated class syllabi, reading lists, background research; post published articles
* Researchers – disseminate research results; collaborate on research
* Students – access class lists, research, course requirements
* Departments – post program requirements and reading lists; highlight faculty research
* Librarians – post specialized reference lists; centralize custom information resources